Project: The Stranahan House (1901)
National Register of Historic Places
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Stranahan House was built in 1901 by Mr. Frank Stranahan, the founding Father of the City of Fort Lauderdale. The house is a two story wood frame vernacular style structure, surrounded by two story open porches with cedar wood shake roof shingles. Interior finishes are double beaded vertical wood siding walls, tongue and groove hardwood flooring and double beaded wood siding ceilings.
The Stranahan House received a Conservation Assessment Program (CAP) grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), a federal agency. The program is managed by” Heritage Preservation” based in Washington D.C. who contracted William B Medellin Architect P.A. to perform an Architectural Assessment of the existing conditions.